Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Do You Twitter?

Suddenly I'm receiving emails telling me that people I barely know -- in one case, someone I have never met -- is following me on Twitter, a social network based on one-line messages which started only three years ago and now is right up there behind Facebook and My Space. Last month alone it nearly doubled the number of new users! Whether from your computer or your mobile, you can let people know your every move -- and mood. But that's just the beginning of what Twitter can do. It has amazing applications in medicine, news gathering, customer relations, research as The New York Times explains in Putting Twitter's World to Use . To see who's twittering, check out We Follow , a "user powered twitter directory." Nearly 3 million people are twittering news, nearly a million of them through CNN.

3 comments:

Ahlam F said...

WOW.. it is amazing how twitter is operate. with these technology which keeps us in touch,, i feel we loses our privacy. also, it is annoying to receive messages every second. Don't you think.

Unknown said...

Actually, i don't like to know everything. what i am intrested in is enough for me.
Being twitter is not befit me at all. But i like the technology.

Khawla S said...

it's good that twitter allows you to know whats going around but its also don't give you privacy, and agree with Ahlam its anoying to recive message of whats happening in each second !!